The April 30th tax filing deadline has come and gone and you have survived………WOHOOOOOO! You have put in all those long hours and overtime racking your brain while preparing tax returns for your clients. You may have some last minute stragglers and a few loose ends that need to be done, but now is the time to start thinking of ways to recharge your battery with some much needed and well-deserved rest and relaxation. So where do you start? By thinking about YOU and some strategies and ideas on what YOU need. The most obvious way to relax is vacation, but maybe you can’t get away just right now, so let’s look at 5 other ways to get that mind to slow down.
- Spa Day – Indulge in some pampering. Whether it is a couple of hours for a mani/pedi, a 60 minute relaxation massage or a full out day of pure de-stressing with all the bells and whistles from head to toe that will relax every muscle in your body. Whatever you decide, make sure it is as relaxing as possible.
- Have a “ME” day – Pick your favourite hobby and spend your day doing what you want. Golfing, reading, shopping, Netflix binge or maybe even just a walk in the park with your pet. Treat yourself to lunch and dinner out and maybe a cocktail or two. Make this day ALL ABOUT YOU.
- Hit the gym – There is no better way to burn off all that built up tension and stress than working it out. Go to that kick boxing class and punch and kick away all those worries away or join in on that Zumba class and let the dancing queen or king out of its shell. Working out increases chemicals in the brain that respond to stress. Sweat it all out and have fun.
- Road Trip – Turn up the radio, put the window down and drive! You don’t need to have a specific destination in mind, just go. Load up on some snacks, maybe pack a picnic or check out that restaurant you have heard so much about that is a few hours away. The sky is the limit when you are out on the open road.
- Volunteer – Spend a day volunteering for your favourite charity or cause. You will be pleasantly surprised to find out just how rewarding this can be for you. Helping others makes us feel good about ourselves and increases our self-esteem.
Whatever way you decide is best for you to recharge those batteries, just remember, make it fun, laugh a lot and don’t think about work, laundry or house cleaning…….they will all be there waiting for you when you are ready!